The Cuvée Raphaël is the latest wine of the Château Castagnac.
Launched in 2016, this 100% merlot noir, supple and fruity wine stand out with its comic book label design. Created by an italian artist, the label represents the adventures of Raphaël, 6th generation of the Coudert family owner of the Château Castagnac.
How to break the rules of the traditionnal Bordeaux wine while keeping its identity of excellence and quality? The Cuvée raphaël combines authenticity and modernity.
- 100% Merlot
- Bottled at the vineyard
- Yearly production (number of bottles 75cl): 150 000
- Capacities: 75cl, Magnum
- Packaging : Carton, Wooden box
- Clay-limestone soil
- Age of the vines: 25 years
- Temperate-Oceanic climate
- Integrated vineyard management
- Color: garnet red
- Flavors: Vanilla, Rapsberry, Blackcurrrant, Blackberry, Tobacco
- Taste: round, smooth, fruity, lively, elegant, fine tannins
- Storage: 5 to 8 years – Service: 18-20°C, Open 1h before drinking
- Food pairing: Brunch, Cheese, Barbecue